RE: personal blurb

In message Sat, 25 Jun 1994 07:28:36 -0400,
  ravines@bwc.org (Patrick Ravines)  writes:

> I am glad such a list has emerged and look forward to reading the
> exchanges.
> My name is Patrick Ravines.  I am a book and paper conservator and chemist
> involved in library and archives conservation and preservation at the
> Baha'i World Centre, Haifa, Israel.  (The Baha'i World Centre is a
> religious institution and is the administrative for the Baha'is all over
> the world.)
> The conservation work revolves around a small special library and archives
> with a collection of books, manuscripts, and documents ranging from modern
> western to middle eastern of the 18th to 20th c. The lab is also involved
> in research on middle eastern inks, and synthetic adhesives for mounting
> flat works of art on paper and photographs.
>
> F........................................................................
> ....M..................................................M...{* My personal
> interests are in marbling and am trying to figure out ways to use local
> materials instead of always importing supplies from abroad - interesting
> challenge.  At the moment I am working with a Lebanese/Canadian
> artist/calligrapher and we are combining our varied backgrounds to make
> some exciting calligraphy and marbling combinations.  Other interest are
> letter press printing, artists books, fine binding and platinum/palladium
> printing (photography).  I am always surprised at where one finds
> equipment -- 4 years ago I purchased a small German Recaro proofing press
> (similar to a van der Cook) from a monastery in the old City of
> Jerusalem.  Walking into their print shop was going back 100 years.

Patrick, would this person be Yehuda Miklaf. He's a Canadian binder now
living and working in Jerusalem. As far as I know he's a printer as well as
binder, and what work I saw of his in CBBAG catalogs looked interesting and
good.

Peter
Peter D. Verheyen
Rare Book Conservator