Another Bio to Contemplate

To keep the ball rolling with the introductions here is mine!

My career started at the age of ten when I bound my first book,
(father is also a bookbinder/conservator) from then on I
was hooked.

I joined the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England in 1980 as an
apprentice and learned from the ground up. I have since been promoted
from Binder to Conservator and now to Deputy Bindery Manager covering
quite a lot of ground in the meantime (Disaster recovery,bookbinding,boxing,
paper conservation and designer binding etc.). I have experience of working
in local county archive repair room and am a supply teacher for a
local school of art and design. (teaching bookbinding to degree level
art students and trade apprentices)
I also take private commissions and we have a privately run
binding course involving three night classes a week and sixty-five
students. (this is always heavily over-subscribed)
Outside of this I am also active in a local society which has an
interest in printing and I am Deputy Chairman of the North-East Region
of the Society of Bookbinders. (somehow in the middle of all this I'm
trying to restore a rusty old MG!)

Hope I haven't bored you too much with this.

PS I agree with the theory about the electronic book. I think there is
still life in the paper copy yet and printing and binding is enjoying
a lot of attention here these days.

Mr Owen Bradford
Deputy Manager
Bindery and Conservation Workshop