[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: another introduction
- From: jody <ECL_JXA@flo.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 16:02:53 -0400
- Message-Id: <"tzvpR3.h.M23.L8T4l"@sul2>
Hello, my name is Jody Alexander and I am currently Head of Cataloging
at Emerson College in Boston, although I recently gave my notice and will
be resigning my position to become caretaker, with my husband, at an
estate on Cape Cod. I am also a printmaker, book artist, book binding,
etc. (no, I am not a book binding, I am a book binder). My biggest
concern is how am I going to access this discussion group after my
internet connection is gone! I'll have access to a 486DX in my new
home, any suggestion on avenues to access internet from a PC? I've
been enjoying the discussions so far and am particularly interested in
notices of workshops and exhibitions. I also have a few questions for
1. I've been considering becoming a member of the Guild of Bookworkers.
What are the benefits of this group in your opinions?
2. I am also considering persuing an MFA. What are the benefits of this
in terms of teaching, exhibiting, librarianship, etc., in your opinions?
And, do you recommend going through a bookarts specific program or
molding a printmaking degree around the bookarts?
Some loaded questions, I know. Just curious to hear from some experienced
Thanx for your time,