definitions

I, too, find this an intresting discussion.  Especially love the soon to be
demolished house example.

What about when the maker/creator says, "yeah, I meant it to be art," can
it "fail" in its attempt? Can it be so poorly conceived and executed that
it clearly is not art?  Must we accept his/her assessment?  Does not the
object itself have to have some qualities of art?  What happens when we are
unable to determine the intent?  Or the intent has now changed?

Are fireworks art?  Well, let's see: 1) They are created with the intent of
beauty, wonder, amazement in part, at least.  2) They are seen by others as
achieving their intent.  I guess by at least two standards discussed, yes,
they are art!  Great stuff, fireworks.

Does Pearl Discount ARt and Craft have a catalog?

I will be out of touch for a few days and look forward to your intresting
discussions when I return.  Happy fourth to all, :)

Ms. Claudia M. Stall, Head
Collection Preservation/Mendery

cstall@library.sdsu.edu
594-2591

Be kind, do good work, and touch the earth gently.