Form/content

I subscribe to Peter Graham's plaint about art/craft. Here's a
minor content note. Does anyone have a recommendation for a
non-toxic solvent for printer's ink? In the bad old days, we used
benzine (with gloves) but stopped that years ago. More recently,
we've used kerosene, which works and is (I believe) almost
totally non-toxic at least as regards atmospheric pollution but
which leaves a greasy residue. I've used some lithographic
typewash which works fairly well and seems benign, but I don't
know what's in it.
        Does anybody have something they're fond of?
-tb

--
Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903