Re: Type Cleaner

> Terry et al:
>
> Four or five years ago we purchased a cast aluminum Craftsman
> press (the capital "C" isn't intended to set off a thread: it
> was made by the Craftsmen Machinery Company) which arrived with
> a metal gallon container labeled (in full):
>
> TYPE WASH  / Exclusive Formula / Non-toxic - cleans type /
> electros - halftones / steel rollers - bases / used by printers
> for over twenty years / distributed by American Printing
> Equipment and Supply Company, 42-45 Ninth Street, Long Island
> City, NY.
>
> We've not used much of it, but it does seem to work.  It is
> certainly petrochemical but doesn't seem simply to be kerosene
> and might be worth investigating.
>
> If you know it is benzine, I would of course appreciate knowing
> this.
>
> Sid Huttner, Tulsa

touch a match to it and if it burns faster than kerosene it's probably
benzine.

--pg

Peter Graham    psgraham@gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
CHANGE 7/1 from (908)932-xxxx to (908) 445-xxxx (not all of Rutgers changes)