Testing Benzine

Peter:  do I got this right?

I go out and buy some benzine.  Then I rig up small quantities of
benzine and Type Wash.  Which I light afire (in a well-ventilated
space?), noting which substance takes longer to complete combustion.
This tells me what?  Should I maybe get some kerosene while I'm
after the benzine and run a three way test?

Want to skip Science and go back to Art vs. Craft?

There is, by the way, general agreement in Tulsa that last night's
fireworks were particularly brilliant.  Am trying to determine if that
was Art or Accident.  Indeed, it occurs to me, if the pyrotechnic
craftsmen are still around maybe I can get advice on Science.

Sid Huttner, Tulsa