intro

Okay, I'll come out of the ethereal background to introduce myself too.
I'm currently enrolled in the MLS program at the University of Maryland.
I'm focusing on archives.  I'd like to get into a conservation/preservation
program in the area. (if anyone knows of either entry level or internship
possibilities in the DC/Balt. area please let me know.)  I don't
have much experience with book arts.  I've done some repairs and
binding with junk books.  I do have extensive experience in
bookstores, from new to used.  I managed a used bookstore in DC for 3
years.  I've been a buyer, and a seller, and I've
scouted books for others.  But I'm currently working for
the govt - at the National Agricultural Library.

Also - I'm a writer, a poet - which is my particular perspective on book
arts.  A poem is where it takes you.  A well written book is twice as
nice if well crafted - oooops.  I was not intending to use the 'c' word.
I'll just say I don't really think you can separate the two.