Re: Testing Benzine

> Peter:  do I got this right?
>
> I go out and buy some benzine.  Then I rig up small quantities of
> benzine and Type Wash.  Which I light afire (in a well-ventilated
> space?), noting which substance takes longer to complete combustion.
> This tells me what?  Should I maybe get some kerosene while I'm
> after the benzine and run a three way test?
>
> Want to skip Science and go back to Art vs. Craft?
>
> There is, by the way, general agreement in Tulsa that last night's
> fireworks were particularly brilliant.  Am trying to determine if that
> was Art or Accident.  Indeed, it occurs to me, if the pyrotechnic
> craftsmen are still around maybe I can get advice on Science.
>
> Sid Huttner, Tulsa

Sorry, Sid, I got carried away.  Couldn't resist it.  I'm waiting for someone
to warn the kids not to try this at home.  --pg

Peter Graham    psgraham@gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
CHANGE 7/1 from (908)932-xxxx to (908) 445-xxxx (not all of Rutgers changes)