Bookarts history, theory, etc.

          Laura,

          The first book that comes to mind as the standard is Joan
          Lyons anthology "Artists' Books". I'll have to check my
          library  for the full citation. Also two of Keith Smith's
          earlier publications "The Visual Book" (I think that's the
          correct title) and "Text in the Book Format". Not historical
          but with theory and artist book philosophy from an avid
          practitioner.

          Maybe someone else has their copies handier, mine are
          presently in boxes 150 miles away. But I can retrieve the
          information by 7/25.

          Erin
          evigneau@nybg.org