Re: Bookarts history, theory, etc.

>           Laura,
>
>           The first book that comes to mind as the standard is Joan
>           Lyons anthology "Artists' Books". I'll have to check my
>           library  for the full citation. Also two of Keith Smith's
>           earlier publications "The Visual Book" (I think that's the
>           correct title) and "Text in the Book Format". Not historical
>           but with theory and artist book philosophy from an avid
>           practitioner.
>
>           Maybe someone else has their copies handier, mine are
>           presently in boxes 150 miles away. But I can retrieve the
>           information by 7/25.
>
>           Erin
>           evigneau@nybg.org
>
> Two other books that are useful are catalogues of specific
exhibitions. The Book Made Art is from U. of Chicago Library, by
Jeffrey Abt (1986). And The Art of the Book was a 1988 exhibition
from Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild.
Regards, John Charles
Bruce Peel Special Collections Library
U. of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta. T6G2J8
(403)-492-7929. Fax: (403)-492-5083.