"stabilizing" an old suede leather cover

Neophyte question time - I have a book from 1906 with a suede
leather cover.  Unfortunately, the book was not treated with
too much hospitality by its last owner - apparently, it languished
in her attic.  The leather is coming off as dust.  Is there some
sort of fixative which I could apply to slow or stop this process?
I don't want it rebound.

Thanks...

Daniel

--
Daniel M. Dumych          | "The whole earth is full of monuments
aj459@freenet.carleton.ca | to nameless inventors."  Otis T. Mann