Magnets

 My name is Richenda Brim and I am the assistant stack manager at the Getty
Center for the History of Arts and the Humanities. We do use magnets on our
phase boxes and it works quite well. I am not aware of any interference with
our security system-no comments on that subject, sorry. But we do put a small
warning label on the outer flap of the box. It simply says: WARNING! Box
Closure Magnetized Keep Away From Computers And Diskettes. I haven't heard
about any *disk-disasters* so this might be an option for you. :-)

Please keep up all of the philosophical discussions and definition haggling-
I enjoy reading and digesting all of the ideas from my seat in the shadows
of the list.

Richenda