Ingredients

In regards to Maxwell's concern for finding old ingredients, I would like to
add to what's already been said.  The Merck Index is an excellent resource for
info on thousands of chemicals.  It gives commom uses and other names.  So for
benzaldehyde, the Merck would give as a synonym, oil of bitter almond (if I
remember correctly).  Many of the compounds would be available from a chemical
supply company such as Fisher and Aldrich (my favourite--great catalog).  And
I'm sure the chemical literature contains "dictionaries" of compounds with
histories and synonyms.

Good Luck,
Bryan Draper