Re: Henley's Formulas

On Tue, 30 Aug 1994 20:47:43 -0400,
Rebecca B. Stone  <RS4508A@american.edu> wrote:

>Although this is not true for all of the ingrdients that you asked about, many
>of them are available from your local asian grocery store.  I would
>particularly rec. one of Southeast Asian origin (esp. Thai).  I would take a
>list (ommitting the opiates) and carry it to an Asian grocery.  What they don't
>have, they will probably order, if available.  Another option might be a
>natural foods store.  Depending on your location, this may be as difficult to
>find as an Asian grocery, though.  We are friends with some Malaysian and Thai
>store owners, I have printed your message for some investigative work on this
>subject in the D.C. area.  I'll keep you posted, as it were, on this.
>              Rebecca Stone

 You also might try the local herbalist.  Many cities have these shops, as
here in San Diego, who have or can get or tell you how you can get a lot of
the herbs and spices.  There also might be mail order sources?

Claudia Stall, Head
Collection Preservation/Mendery
San Diego State University Library

Be kind, do good work, and touch the earth gently.

cstall@library.sdsu.edu
(619) 594-2591