Paper Technologies and Board

In message Tue, 4 Oct 1994 17:04:37 -0400, PAPERTECH@delphi.com  writes:

> Paper Technologies, Inc has just developed a new book binders board called
> P.T.I. Excel Binders Board.  This tough, high density alpha cellulose
> board is  090" caliper, acid-free and lignen free and was developed specifically for
> hand bookbinding.  We are very eager for input from the bookbinding
> community  about it, and with that in mind, I would like to send free
> samples to all that are interested.
> Please respond via E-Mail to PAPERTECH@Delphi.com

Please send me a sample of the board as well as your list of other current
offerings. I used to be on your mailing list, but having moved twice in the
past two years haven't seen anything. The sample should be sent to Peter
Verheyen, 107 King St, Ithaca, NY 14850

On a different note, are their any plans to produce a thiner board, in say
the 60pt range. This would be really desirable, especially for smaller,
more elegant bindings. There is nothing more annoying than a small book say
6x9 and less than an inch thick bound in thick boards with hugh squares.
It's an aesthetic thing as well as structural. What would also be really
nice are sheets of good quality (acid-free) pressboard in say 20, 40, and 60
pt thicknesses. Cutting up "Gaylord" binders get's expensive.

Peter
                                (0-0)
| Peter D. Verheyen, Rare Books Conservator, Cornell University Library |
|                B-39 Olin Library, Ithaca, NY 14850                    |
|     <wk> 607/255-2484 Email: pdv1@cornell.edu <fax> 607/255-9346      |
oOO
                               |__|__|
                                || ||