GBW Election

I have visions of Dewey Defeats Truman going through my head right now, but
I'm going to a chance. Karen Crisalli will be the next president of the
Guild of Book Workers and will assume the mantle authority at the Annual
Meeting which will be held in Dallas, Texas this Saturday, the 29th. In the
first contested election for president, or any office for as long as I can
remember, she defeated Paula M Gourley. The other officers up for election
were all re-elected for another two year hitch. Karen, proprietor of the
Bookbinder's Warehouse, and long time patron and supporter of the Guild
succeeds Frank Mowery who served in that capacity for 10 years. To Frank we
wish him all the best in his retirement, to Karen good fortune in the years
ahead.

I'll my "virtual" hat if Dewey did defeat Truman.

Peter Verheyen
                                (0-0)
| Peter D. Verheyen, Rare Books Conservator, Cornell University Library |
|                B-39 Olin Library, Ithaca, NY 14850                    |
|     <wk> 607/255-2484 Email: pdv1@cornell.edu <fax> 607/255-9346      |
oOO
                               |__|__|
                                || ||