Visiting Princeton During ALA Midwinter

I would like to extend an invitation to my preservation,
conservation, bookbinding, and book arts colleagues on the list who
are thinking about or planning on attending the American Library
Association's midwinter meeting in Philadelphia from February 3-9,
1995.  On Thursday, February 2, the day prior to the beginning of the
meetings, I would like to invite conference attendees to travel to
Philly one day early to tour the Preservation Office at Princeton
University Libraries.  A bus would pick you up at the headquarters
hotel in Philadelphia in the early AM, probably 8 or so, and
transport you to Princeton.  We are little more than an hour from
Philadelphia.  At Princeton you would get a short tour of the
Firestone Library followed by a full tour of the Preservation Office.
After the tour, lunch will be provided.  Following lunch, folk are
invited to continue to stay and talk shop or mosey around the lab,
the library, the campus or the Borough, the main shopping area of
which is directly across the street from the Library.  In the late
afternoon, 4/5 PM or later, the bus would whisk everyone back to the
morning pickup point.

Any takers?  I would like to personally hear from you.  Please email
or call me with your interest in the tour by December 9 .  I will not
conduct the tour unless a minimum of 15 folk sign-up.  Thanks.

Robert J. Milevski
Preservation Librarian
Princeton University Libraries
One Washington Road
Princeton, New Jersey 08544
telephone: 609-258-5591; fax: 609-258-4105 or -5571;

email: milevski@firestone.princeton.edu