Bone folders

I am submitting this question for a book artist friend who's not on the
internet. Please respond to me privately or to the list, if you think the
information would be useful for other bookworkers too.

What kind of bone are bone folders made of? What company or companies
manufacture bone folders in the United States?

Thanks very much for your help!

Diane Shaw, Smithsonian Institution Libraries
LIBEM055@SIVM.SI.EDU  or LIBEM055@SIVM.BITNET

* Diane Shaw, Acting Head, Special Collections                *
* Smithsonian Institution Libraries                           *
* Washington, D.C.  20560                                     *
* LIBEM055@SIVM.SI.EDU   or    LIBEM055@SIVM.BITNET           *