Roger Payne

Saw this on the biblio list. Can anyone out there respond to this query?
Please respond to them and or the list.

Peter

From: BOOKAUCTION@delphi.com
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 06:07:03 -0500

QUERY RE: ROGER PAYNE, THE BOOKBINDER.
We have recently had consigned to us a superb copy of the Jeffery
edition of Shakspeares Poems (1795; cf. Jaggard p.436). The book
comes with a note from ROBERTSON TROWBRIDGE presenting it to his
young cousin and telling her that the binding is by ROGER PAYNE.
Does anyone know what is the best way to confirm that this is
indeed a Payne binding?  Trowbridge proves to have been the
author of two minor works of poetry and belles lettres. Would
greatly appreciate any help on this one. Thank you.
                                (0-0)
| Peter D. Verheyen, Rare Books Conservator, Cornell University Library |
|                B-39 Olin Library, Ithaca, NY 14850                    |
|     <wk> 607/255-2484 Email: pdv1@cornell.edu <fax> 607/255-9346      |
oOO
                               |__|__|
                                || ||