Knudsen Process?

Currently I'm working on a bibliography and I'm interested in finding out
more about a printing process known as the "Knudsen Process." It was used
for books illustrated by John Vassos in the 1920's and 30's. Most of these
were published by EP Dutton. To date I have not been able to find out
anything about it anywhere, except in a very brief description. It sounds
from the description that it was some form of screen printing. At least one
illustration in each of his books that I have is mis-registered. The
illustrations themselves are black and white and shades of gray.

If anyone has any ideas on what this might be or where I might find more
information please let me know.

Thank you, Peter Verheyen
                                (0-0)
| Peter D. Verheyen, Rare Books Conservator, Cornell University Library |
|                B-39 Olin Library, Ithaca, NY 14850                    |
|     <wk> 607/255-2484 Email: pdv1@cornell.edu <fax> 607/255-9346      |
oOO
                               |__|__|
                                || ||