Waxes

                      Subject:                              Time:  3:50 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Waxes                                 Date:  1/16/95

The conservator at the library asked me to post a query about the use
of Renaissance and Victory microcrystalline waxes to consolidate rotting
leather.  Does anyone use either of these for this purpose and what
experience has anyone had with them?  Are there any problems one should
be aware of, etc.
Thank you for your help.  Please post directly to me and I will summarize
for the list if it seems appropriate.
Dina Schoonmaker
Oberlin College Library
Dina_Schoonmaker@qmgate.cc.oberlin.edu