Color xeroxing

Can anyone provide information about the color-fastness of color xeroxes
and color laser printers?  Also, what about the lower-cost color computer
printers?  I have light-tested the inks from my HP Deskjet 500C, and they
are very unstable to ordinary fluorescents, but the new cheap machines
make much better-looking images (thermal wax or bubble-jet).

I am new on this list and really quite new to book arts (longtime small
press poet/publisher).  I appreciate having access to so much expert
information.

Judy Kerman
Saginaw Valley State University, Michigan