Re: Book Arts show at MOMA

> Has anyone seen the 100 years of Artist's Books exhibit at MOMA?

I saw it and was not very impressed.  Riva Castelman, curator of prints
and drawings put it together, and the whole thing gives one a sense of
confusion.  I didn't bother to look at the catalogue.  The books were
divided into seemingly arbitrary catagories.  Granted, there are some
real jewels in the show, and I liked the video monitors that showed
someone paging through an entire book- a good attempt at solving the
problem of display of books as a series of pages, rather than an isolated
folio.

jeff peachey
jp46@columbia.edu