professional leather splitting/ paring

Has anyone used Lomelis Bros. for leather splitting? What did you think
of them? How was the leather when they were done with it? What kind of
leather did you have done? Anyone have any suggestions for other vendors?
I was thinking about having a couple of goatskins done so I would have
pre-pared labels and onlays.

Steve

Steve,
I have a bindery & accept commissions.  I have used Lomelis Bros. for several
years. They are fast & reliable. Unfortunately, they have a minimum charge
which has reached $50.  I usually send 10-12 skins per shipment.  Otherwise it
can be expensive.
Don E. Sanders
University of Texas
Preservation / Book Repair