making medieval book

I would like to get in contact with anyone who has experience doing
calligraphy, painting minitures and doing illumination all on vellum. For my
thesis I will be making my own version of a besiary using as models
bestiaries from England from about 1100 to 1300 A.D. I will be taking Jack
Thompson's medieval book course this summer. I have done some calligraphy and
illumination, but I know vellum is different. It's also expensive, so I need
to make as few mistakes as possible. Would anyone willing to share their
experiences and materials sources please get in touch with me by e-mail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pamela Rups
Instructional Technology Services
Western Michigan University