An amusing anecdote

I've had a couple of requests to post the infamous "How to read 'The Birds
of North America'" photo to my web site. For anyone interested in my role
as the "enfant terrible" of bookbinding in the early 70's, the Guild of
BookWorkers show at Yale in 1975 was a major turning point in breaking the
rules. The story will be in my updated www site.
 I'm just compleing version 2.0, but for those who can't wait, you can read
the story and see the photo now at

http://www.avsi.com/minsky/birdstxt.html

Version 1.95 is up now, with "Minsky in Bed" as the featured work of the
month, at the usual address,

http://www.avsi.com/minsky/

but the link to the birds story isn't there yet. By next week it should all
be there, with another 15 images added to the site. I want to get it
togetherin time for an online conference I'm giving at the Compuserve Books
and Media forum (GO COLLECT) on Thursday, March 9 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern
(7:00 Pacific, etc.) Time. I'd love for any Book_Arts-L subscribers who are
CIS members to join the conference, as I'm sure there will be a lot of
questions posed by forum members which are not in my area of current
knowledge. Or just join in to shoot the bull.

        ...Richard