No Subject

27 Feb 1995 19:15:56 -0500 (EST)@
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 19:12:51 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Harcourt edge gilding
To: book_arts-l@cornell.edu

Since I live in the greater Boston area I can say with certain knowledge that
Harcourt Press does do edge gilding, but they use the modern technique of hot
stamping through gilt ribbon, not the traditional application of gold leaf.
They probably would be able to do the traditional method, but you would have
to make special arrangements for it with Sam Ellenport, the proprietor, and be
prepared to pay accordingly..............................
Dorothy Africa