paint on leather

I am seeking information on removing exterior laytex paint from a leather
covered bok.  the paint is originally water based but has been dry for
some time.  as I understand the story, a cat walked in the paint, then
across the book so the patches of paint are not large but are in several
places on the cover.  thanks in advance.

Artemis BonaDea, Conservation Technician
Alaska State Library
Box 110571
Juneau, AK  99811

907/465-2924 (voice)