Re: catalog houses

On Tue, 2 May 1995 08:41:24 -0400 (EDT),
Judith B. Kerman  <kerman@tardis.svsu.edu> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good general supplier for book arts materials?  I
>need some simple things, like cotton thread the right weight and needles
>with the right (large but round) kind of hole, and don't know where to
>get them, let alone more exotic materials. Thanks!
>                     _________
>|\        /|       /________/(
>|? \    / ?|      (________(/(___
>|??? \/ ???|    /_(________(/__/(
>|   Judy   |   (______________(/(
>|  Kerman  |   (______________(/(
>| Saginaw, |   (______________(/
> \ ? MI ? /
>   \ ?? /
>     \/

Judy,

Here is a short list that I have used and/or was given by the conservation
lab at Berkeley:

The Bookbinder's Warehouse, Inc
31 Division Street
Keyport, N.J. 00735

Conservation Materials Litd.
P.O. Box 2884
Sparks, NV 89432

Talas
213 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001-1996

BookMakers
6001 66th Avenue
Suite 101
Riverdale, Maryland 20737

Archival Products
2134 E. Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50317

email: INET70670.2635@compuserve.com

If you have a specific item that these do not carry, perhaps someone on the
list can give a source for you.  HOpe this helps.
Claudia