Re: Wayzgoose (?)

The Wayzgoose is held annually at the Grimsby, Ontario, Art Gallery. It
was last held on the 29th April 1995, so you have missed it for this
year. Grimsby is about 45 minutes west of Toronto, just off the Queen
Elizabeth Way (Highway).

It is held annually, I believe on the last Saturday in April. About 30 book artists have stalls
at the fair. Products include a number of commercial supplies of book
arts materials, local printers, papermakers. book plate designers, book
binding, paper marbling and the Niagara Calligraphy Guild of which I am
currently president!(Plug Plug)

Unfortunatly I have only just joined this group otherwise would have
posted a note in advance. I understand that exhibition at the fair is by
invitation only with emphasis on local involvement. The fair is currently
free and open to members of the general public.

On Tue, 16 May 1995, Broome County
Public Library wrote:

> Several years ago while visiting Toronto, I was told by a vendor at an
> antiquarian book fair that there was an annual (I think) celebration of
> the book arts in a nearby town.  Either the event or the town was called
> Wayzgoose (spelled wrong probably!)
>
> Could anyone on the list verify this, and, better yet, tell me when it's
> held?
>
> TIA
> Lavinia Adler
> Broome County Public Library

mike whittington,  6625 Jupiter Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2J 3X3, Canada
905-356-3981, mwhittin@freenet.niagara.com