No Subject

16 May 1995 20:03:15 -0400 (EDT)@
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 19:59:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Wayzgoose (?)
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@cornell.edu

The Canadian Wayzgoose is about 16 or 17 years old now, but takes its name
from the German custom (1683) of celebrating the completion of apprenticeship
for young printers with a goose dinner at which they could exhibit their work.
Since other people have given the particulars of where and when, I thought
I'd just throw in the what.  My in-laws go every year and have a great time.
Dorothy Africa