Re: Wayzgoose

Greetings:  I read your response to John Charles this evening and agree
except I wonder when the Queen's birthday was changed?  I was born and
raised in Canada (Montreal) and as school children we used to recite:
The 24th of May is the Queen's birthday.  If we don't get a holiday we'll
all run away.
Somehow the 22nd of May doesn't scan right in this rhyme.  I know in the
U.S. they switch all kinds of holidays from their original date to land
on a Monday but does Canada have to follow suit?--Elspeth