No Subject

22 May 1995 18:28:28 -0400 (EDT)@
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 18:24:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Proposal for new book about book collecting for discussion  -
 Comments wanted
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@cornell.edu

It seems to me, perhaps naively, that anyone considering book collecting
should first determine which kinds of books appeal to him or her.  I suppose
someone might just decide to collect valueable books, but that would require
a hefty bank account and would be rather uninteresting to say the least. Is
is too silly to begin such a book with an overview of historic structures and
styles of books to remind novice collectors that they need to know what they
see and consider the whole range of options before them rather than just
encouraging them to "fall into it"?????
Dorothy Africa