No Subject

30 May 1995 18:59:47 -0400 (EDT)@
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 18:52:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: pizza stones
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@cornell.edu

I use a commercial pizza stone for pasting out and it works fine.  The
square shape is harder to find than the round ones, but is more useful.  You
will also need to sand the stone smoother than it needs to be for pizza.  I
find that my pizza stone works better than my lithostone for this, but the
qualities of the pizza stones may vary depending on the manufacturer.  I got
mine from the King Arthur flour company which has a mail order business as
well, but I'm sure they are readily available in many stores selling kitchen
equipment.  When you finally need to clean it I recommend wetting the stone
well and using a stiff teflon or plastic spatula to scrape off the goop.
Let it dry thoroughly, and use some fine sand paper on any rough spots your
fingers feel left on the stone.
Dorothy Africa