References for describing bindings

Could anyone on this list please recommend a reference work to help
me in doing descriptive local cataloging of private press books?  I
often run into questions about whether a particular type of binding
has a particular name associated with it (or whether I can get away
with calling it, say, "individual leaves in cardboard wrapper, held together
by a single loop of fancy blue nylon cord passed through a hole in
the top corner of the spine)."

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Keith Hulett
Bibliographic Search Assistant