Re: waxing board shear blades

Good point Scott. I've been using Johnsons paste wax for years not only
on my Jacques board shears but also the metal beds of my table saw and
jointer. The one drawback is that, like your mothers oak floor, the wax
has to not only be periodically reapplied but also periodically stripped.
There is also the problem of not buffing the wax out properly after
application which can later wreck havoc not only with a wood finish, but
quite possibly also cause the staining of paper (although I have not yet
run into this problem).