No Subject

16 Jul 1995 12:21:28 -0400 (EDT)@
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1995 12:13:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: s..fish and ribbons
To: book_arts-l@cornell.edu

There are basically two options for the ribbon, either cutting the end on the
bias or fixing it with some sort of adhesive, which will probably cause some
sort of staining or running.  If it is good silk, a TINY bit of thick paste
or PVA on the bottom edge will work, if you can't bring yourself to cut the
material.  If the volume is little used and the fraying is slight a small
bias cut is not likely to interfer greatly with the historic integrity of the
volume is it?  I think the bugs are definitely the largest problem.  I think
silverfish need humidity, so if you can dry out the area you may drastically
reduce their enthusiasm about living in the neighborhood. Good luck.
Dorothy Africa