Greetings

The University of Idaho Art Department is developing a book arts home page
on the world wide web. It is conceived as an electronic resource directory
to connect those producing, writing about and/or interested in artist's
books. To establish a portfolio or post items in a directory, contact Keith
Arbtin at <arbti911@uidaho.edu> or <bookarts@uidaho.edu>. To read current
book arts criticism, find out about exhibitions, competitions, residencies,
workshops, symposiums and more; please browse our web site at:
<http://www.uidaho.edu/~bookarts>.

The preliminary outline of offerings includes:

HOT LINE
help information
on-line galleries
other places to visit

PEOPLE
artists
dealers
critics
collectors
curators

PLACES
programs
presses
suppliers
collections
organizations

THINGS
reviews
essays
journals
books
exhibitions
services
meetings
opportunities

Information for any of the various sections of the page are welcome. Please
indicate category and include release authorization if work is copyrighted
or rights are owned by a second party and read the 'fair use disclaimer' on
the home page.

Please know that properly formated materials will receive priority status.
Images or text that are difficult scan may be returned for reformating or
may appear as is. Ascii text and gif graphics can be appended to e-mail
messages addressed to <bookarts@uidaho.edu>. Formatted text and non gif
graphics can be sent to us via normal mail on a disk. Also know that there
are affordable commercially available services that will help you prepare
your materials for the internet. We will provide you with a list of those
services upon request.

We welcome your participation and suggestions.

Byron Clercx
University of Idaho
College of Art and Architecture
Department of Art