Re: Globe repair

Scott,

I do not have experience with this, but I do have a suggestion you might
check out.  I have used gesso for similar things and it might work in this
instance, too.  Perhaps someone else on the net can give particulars.

Sounds interesting, tho.  Good luck!
Claudia

On Thu, 10 Aug 95 12:54 EST,
Scott K. Kellar  <0006385936@mcimail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with the reattachment of loosened globe-map
>fragments to a wooden globe surfaced with plaster? I am chiefly concerned
>with the best method of consolidating the plaster before reattaching the
>fragments. Thanks.
>
>Scott Kellar
>Chicago

Claudia Stall
Head, Collection Preservation Unit/Mendery
San Diego State University Library
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA  92182-8050

Be kind, do good work, and touch the earth gently.

cstall@mail.sdsu.edu
(619) 594-2591