Re[2]: Repair of children's books

          Another method for removing pastedowns (or bookplates)
          quickly is to steam them off with a blotter and tacking
          iron. place a layer of unwoven polyester support, I use
          hollytex or remay, over the paste down, then a damp blotter
          and iron it. I bring larger areas up section by section.

          Erin Vigneau
          Conservation Assistant
          New York Botanical Garden Library
          Bronx, NY 10458-5126