Ephemera Collection (Bodleian) Looking for Print Materials

From:  Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries

On a volunteer basis I have for over a decade been sending to the John
Johnson Collection of Printed Ephemera, in the Bodleian Library at Oxford,
examples of printed materials that I find here in the US:  laundry lists,
business cards, windshield stickers, letterpress menus, xerox birth
announcements, tickets, and the like.  They have indicated that their primary
US interest is in the print trades proper.  I try to send examples
that show contemporary printing methods and modes and innovations
(e.g. some kinds of computer output, photo-business cards with web
addresses, "pochoir" party invitations of hi-liter on xerox, etc.).

Members of this list might like to contribute.  I'm stimulated to think about
this by the query we just got ("New techologies") about printing on new kinds
of stocks; it's one kind of interest they would have.

I am volunteering to forward, as I do on about a quarterly basis, any
examples of printed matter (in any form or method) that people want to
forward to me.  (I promise to forward them and not keep them--unless you send
me two!).  I add a pencilled MM/YY at an inconspicuous point on the back and
send them as is.  Send to me at the address below indicating they are for the
John Johnson collection (of course you may wish to send directly--John
Johnson Collection, Bodley, Oxford will probably get there).  --pg

Peter Graham    psgraham@gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
              <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>