Paste Papers

Thanks to Joyce Jenkins and others who posted info on paste papers a while ago.
It inspired me to have a go (with enthusiastic assistance of 3 year old son!) and we
came up with some pretty good results. The mess  in the kitchen is easier to clean
up than with 'real' marbling, too.

Now what to do with it ?  I have read that it is possible to polish the finished paper
to make it more durable in use (and maybe feel a bit more pleasant) -- has anyone
any experience of this and how would it be done?

Alan Brignull
Essex, UK