Re: Paste Papers

>Now what to do with it ?  I have read that it is possible to polish the
>finished paper to make it more durable in use (and maybe feel a bit more
>pleasant) -- has anyone any experience of this and how would it be done?

After I binding a book or covering a box with paste paper, I have
"polished" it by rubbing a clean cloth on beeswax and then rubbing the
paste paper with it.  A bit time-consuming, but it does seal the paper and
give a different finish.

Pamela Rups
=======^^^^^^^=======^^^^^^^=======^^^^^^^=======^^^^^^^=======

Pamela Rups
Instructional Technology Services
2213 Sangren Hall                                 616.387.5016
Western Michigan University                      RUPS@wmich.edu
Kalamazoo, MI  49008

Resolve to be sensitive to the young, compassionate with the
old, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak,
for sometime in life you will have been all of these.