Re: New and Old Technologies (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 20:31:43 (EDT)
From: marcia ciro <mciro@world.std.com>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@cornell.edu
Cc: BOOK_ARTS-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: New and Old Technologies

I've been using Plexiglas for book covers for awhile and suggest trying
that. I have used plastic string as cords and drilled holes into the
plexiglas to finish the binding. It works well. I have a question about
your coloring Tyvek (for anyone) - I've tried using all sorts of
different methods to color Tyvek, from inks to acrylics. I've found the
acrylic dries and brushes off. Do you fix it at all? Some of the inks
will wash off if gotten wet. Does anyone have a sure method for coloring
Tyvek? Thanks!