Puzzlement

I have been following the discussion regarding the writing of histories of the
book arts in the twentieth century with extreme puzzlement considering that it
started with one individual extolling the virtues of a new work by Johanna
Drucker.  Unfortunately there seems to be a misconception that Ms. Drucker is
writing on the book arts.  This is incorrect!  The correct title of Ms.
Drucker's new publication--at least the one being published by Steve Clay at
Granary Books--is "The Century of Artists' Books" which is
described as "the first full-length study of the development of artists' books
as a twentieth century artform."  It is not a history or survey of twentieth
century book arts.
I waited this long to comment as I thought surely someone else would have
picked up on this by now.

Louis H. Silverstein, Curator
Arts Of The Book Collection, Sterling Memorial Library
P.O. BOX 208240  NEW HAVEN, CT. 06520-8240
E-MAIL: SILVERS@YALEVM.CIS.YALE.EDU
FAX: 203-432-7231
               LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE!