[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Term for 'panel' binding

Question: Is there a common term for the type of binding that involves a
leather or cloth spine, the spine material being brought under panels that
are attached to the boards? It produces a narrow spine, a groove and covered
boards. It is fairly common in hand bookbinding but I've never heard an
official name for it... Or maybe we should just make one up?

Scott K.

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]