Re: Patterns/grains in leather

Could the 'cobblestone' leather be Levant (sp?)?  In the bindery in which
I studied there was some scraps of leather that had a heavy pattern (I'm
not sure I would have described it as 'cobblestone').  I was told that
whatever it was/is was no longer available and my memory is a little
dim.  Does anyone remember any more?

Jane B.

On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Terry Collins wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> While cleaning some leather books I noticed some grain patterns that puzzled
> me.  I'm familiar with the basic grains: morocco, oasis, calf etc.  But these
> stumped me and my curiosity has peaked.  I thought some of you
might be able to identify them if I gave a decent description,
especially the more experienced