No Subject

I enjoy drawing and doing calligraphy in the books I make, and prefer to
use a fountain pen. However, I can find no information on permanent
(archival) fountain pen inks (or at least those which are considered to be
fadeproof). Does anyone know of such an ink and where I might order it?

Another materials question --- I like to use YES paste in my book work
because it doesn't buckle the paper, but have read conflicting reports on
its archival qualities. Cockroaches seem to appreciate its flavor here in
Louisiana, but so far that is the only negative attribute I've experienced.
Is there anything I could add to the paste to make it unpalatable to
insects? Or, what might be a good substitute with some of the same working
qualities?

Thanks to the many folks who responded to my question on stabilizing
powdery pigments on marbled papers. Again, you may reply to the List or
directly to the email address above.

Krista Boehnert Roche

James E. Roche
Professor of Geology