A simple request...

...for courtesy.

My friends and fellow book-artists:

Over the last couple of weeks I have enjoyed some of the discussions that
I have found posted here, over the final issue of Bookways and a number
of related philosophical issues.

Unfortunately, some of the give and take of argument is getting
embarassing due to the tone that is creeping in.  I refer to the use of
vulgarities, denegrating comments, and even crass insult.  Please, the
issues are important, the positions debatable on their own merit without
recourse to invective and ridicule.  A flame war seldom generates any
respect, and offers very little light for all the heat it causes.

Thanks.

James T. Downey / Legacy Bookbindery
jdowney@mail.coin.missouri.edu